Friday, December 31, 2010

Top 10 books read in 2010



This aren't in any particular order.

Paper towns by John Green
I started this year off with Paper towns, and now it’s one of my favorite books of all time. I learned about life, laughed, participated in an awesome road trip, and got into Walt Whitman poems.

Looking for Alaska by John Green
It’s a quick read, but it was packed full of enough 

Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater
Everybody seemed to really like Lament, but I just thought it was ok. But then I won a contest, and Maggie sent me a copy of Ballad. I’m so glad I read it; because it was everything I’d wanted Lament to be. It was dark and sarcastically humorous, which is my kind of book.

Shadowkiss by Richelle Mead
I loved all of the books, but this (to me) is the climax of the series. I lot of things happen in this one, some good, some bad.

Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr
I never thought any other book in the series could take the place of the first book, Wicked Lovely, but it kind of did…. I guess I’ll call it a tie.  

The Ghosts of Ashbury High by Jaclyn Moriarty
I’ve never read ANYTHING like this. It actually took finishing this to realize how great it was. It was funny, and deep, and quirky, and weird. This book taught me that there are ghosts everywhere, that people can be ghosts of their former self. 

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Despite there being parts I didn’t like, it was still the end of a great story.

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin
I love mythology, so I had to read this. Who knew this would blow my mind! The writing is an amazing. Everything is like a puzzle; with pieces that fit perfectly. Plus, Nahadoth is sexiness personified.

Please ignore Vera Dietz by A. S. King
Ok, so I haven’t actually finished this, but I’m almost done (just a few pages left) and I already know how great it is, extremely sad, but great none the less. 

Lover mine by J. R. Ward
I never thought anyone would take the place of Zsadist as my top brother, but John has surpassed him (in a way, because Zsadist will always have a special place in my heart).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...