Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lover Mine review


Description:

In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. Long divided as a terrifying battleground for the vampires and their enemies, the city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

John Matthew has come a long way since he was found living among humans, his vampire nature unknown to himself and to those around him. After he was taken in by the Brotherhood, no one could guess what his true history was- or his true identity. Indeed, the fallen Brother Darius has returned, but with a different face and a very different destiny. As a vicious personal vendetta takes John into the heart of the war, he will need to call up on both who he is now and who he once was in order to face off against evil incarnate.

Xhex, a symphath assassin, has long steeled herself against the attraction between her and John Matthew. Having already lost one lover to madness, she will not allow the male of worth to fall prey to the darkness of her twisted life. When fate intervenes, however, the two discover that love, like destiny, is inevitable between soul mates.

My thoughts: I was soo looking forward to this when I heard about the next book. Zsadist was always my favorite brother, that is until John Matthews showed up and silently stole my heart. So of course, I was super excited for the one. And I have to say, I loved it! Not only was Lover Mine good at portraying John’s story with Xhex, showing the heartbreak and joys of love. Out of all the books in the series, I think Lover Mine did the best in making all parts of the story appealing. I knew I’d love the John and Xhex parts, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed all the other aspects. New relationships are built, old relationships change and grow.

Qhuinn and Blay had me anxious, wondering how their part of the story would turn out in this book. I also loved Wrath and Payne’s new friendship. Their relationship shed a little more insight on Payne and her mother. Other than John, my favorite part was the improvement on the story of the lessers. Normally I tried to read the lesser’s part as quickly as possible (and sometimes not at all) so I could get back to the brotherhood. Now, with Lash involved, things become more interesting. Now that I’ve finished the book, all I can do is reread my favorite scenes and wait for Payne’s story (so excited it that it’s a girls turn!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...