Friday, August 7, 2009

Wings Review

Author: Aprilynne Pike
Summary: This is from her website - Aprilynne Pike's best-selling debut, WINGS, is the first of four books about a seemingly ordinary girl named Laurel who discovers she is a faerie. When Laurel is thrust into the midst of a centuries-old battle between faeries and trolls, she's torn between a human and a faerie love. In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.
My thoughts: This was a good book. I think that it offers an interesting take on what faeries are and what they're meant to do in this world Aprilynne created. Even though I liked the book, I would have liked it even more if it were a little "rougher". When I say that, I don't mean like sex or explicit language. I just feel like the the characters were a little too soft. Even during the fight scenes, it seemed like the characters weren't as forceful as I thought they should be. I have a feeling that I'll get most of what I was looking for from the 1st book in book #2. Overall, I seem to really like this book while still feeling like it could have been better. Basically, I was good and I'm really excited about the next book.
I'm giving this book an A, which means that it was a great read that most would like (unless you have to have cussing and a lot of killing to enjoy a book)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...