Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lover Eternal Review


Review From BooklistTwo hundred years: that's how long Rhage must bear the curse born of his reckless inconsideration. Sex and violence are all he once pursued; now they are the only things that keep the beast within at bay. He has little hope for finding peace during this existence, until Mary Luce enters his life. Irresistibly drawn to her light, he's pulled into a struggle with his own demons as well as the real enemies who threaten the vampire world and Mary. Ward wields a commanding voice perfect for the genre, and readers new to the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood should hold on tight for an intriguing, adrenaline-pumping ride featuring a race of warrior vampires who fill enemies with terror and women with desire. Like any good thrill ride, the pace changes with a tender story of survival and hope and leaves readers begging for more. Fans of L. A. Banks, Laurell K. Hamilton, and Sherrilyn Kenyon will add Ward to their must-read list.
My thoughts: From what I've heard, a lot of people who read the black dagger brotherhood series seem to like Rhage's character & story the best. I'm not one of those people (lol). I have a soft spot for the "Wrath and Beth story" as far as my favorite book, and my favorite character will always be Zsadist. The way Ward portrayed Bella is the way most females would act if a killing machine with bulging muscles who makes Brad Pitt look like the hometown prom king suddenly started paying them attention... And I totally knew what was going to happen when the beast was unleashed in front of her. (hey!.. Beauty & the Beast) anyway, I really enjoyed this book. I appreciate that though the main characters are Rhage & Bella, they still keep the other character's stories going. I give this book an A. Even though I gave it an A it never means that everybody will like it, people have different taste in books (hopefully your taste is like mine). It of course has cussing and sex scenes so if your mature and old enough, this is a gook book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...