Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday Links


I've decided to start something new for the blog. Every week I look at/read many blog posts and/or articles that I think are interesting, and wish other people would read them to. I'd like to post up a list of links every Thursday showing you all some of the things I see during the week. Some post are recent, some are old.

1. Maggie's review of Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
I love reading Maggie's review because she normally likes the type of books I like. Keturah and Lord Death is now on my list of books to checkout.

2. My Life According to the Books I've Read
I saw something like this last year but I didn't really pay attention to it. After looking it over, I've found that doing this has the potential to be extremely funny. I'm hoping to post my version sometime in the  near future.

3. Series for Young Adult
I thought this article (is that what you call it?) was interesting. It would be nice to have more YA series that where more comparable to the adult romance genre. The best and closest example of what this person may want is a series like the Drake Chronicles. I started with the 3rd book in the series, but never lagged behind because I'd missed extremely important aspects from the first books in the series.

4. Seven Steps To Starting a Novel
I need to follow these, especially 4. and 5.

5. How To Move Into A Dorm
I just found this to be very funny

6. YA Fantasy Showdown
I haven't looked at this too closely yet, but it's giving me ideas about my own showdown.

7. What Makes Your Love Interest Irresistible
I guess I'll have to redo my bad boy in the book I'm writing. Now he'll be a shirtless warrior with a ring around his neck and multiple scars. He will be a 450 year old, Volvo driving toast maker.... Ok, I don't know how to add the wand, but I'll think of something.

8. Bookworms on the Big Screen
Rory! She's the G.O.A.T. (look it up) of  tv bookworms!

9.  Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge
I haven't seen this challenge for 2010 or 2011. I'm hoping someone will start it back up. If not, I'm thinking of doing a Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge.

Well, that was it for this week. I hope to keep this going every Thursday from now on!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea...I like following links that others have enjoyed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...