Saturday, January 22, 2011

Personal Demons review

Description: Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance—-even her closest friends—-and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.
What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy—-all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.
But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.


My thoughts: Gabe, where have you been all my life! If that opening sentence didn’t give you any indication on how I (might) feel about the book, or at least some of the characters, hopefully the rest of this review will. I liked the book as a whole, but there were three specific reasons why.

1)      I loved the two guys. I’m totally team Gabe, with his sexy appearance and his selfless acts. How could you NOT love a guy who loves you so much that he would be willing to back off if he knows you want to be with someone else? I thought this would mean I WOULDN’T like Luc. But how could I not like a demon that would change his ways for love?! This is one of the best love triangles I’ve read about in a long time. In most books, there are two love interests, but only one has a real chance. Initially, I definitely thought one of the guys had the upper hand, but after finding out how Frannie felt for both guys, I think it’s a tie (or almost)!

2)      I also loved that it dealt with forgiveness. Frannie had something she was holding on too, that she refused to let go of. Although it was annoying at times (that she couldn’t let go), I liked that the problem was so realistic. The problem was apparent in the beginning, and continued until the very end. I’m use to books with problems that show up half way through the story, seeming to be there JUST to provide a climax to the book. This, like the love triangle is fresh and unique.

3)      When one guy is for team heaven, and the other is team hell, it makes sense that the major problem is much bigger than just one person, or a group. Don’t get me wrong, I love Twilight, but I didn’t want the book's trouble to be that everybody wanted Frannie, and she was too weak to defend herself. So it was exciting to know that it wasn’t just ALL about her. Plus she can kick any guys butt (how cool is that?)!

Now that I’m done and going through Gabe withdrawal, there’s nothing to do but wait. Hopefully the months won’t seem that long, because I have to know how Frannie’s progressing with the knowledge of knowing why she’s so special. Plus I need to know what’s happening with Luc and Gabe…. and Gabe…. did I mention Gabe?

Sorry for the white box. I don't know where it came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...