Friday, April 23, 2010

Tribute to a series



I wanted to highlight the Wicked Lovely series in honor of the release of the 4th book in the series, Radiant Shadows. I haven't read the 4th book yet but I wanted to do this before I did.

I love this series!! I don't want to do this like a review so I'll just give you some examples of why I love this series (without any spoilers of course).

Highlights:

1. Well... Seth is very sexy... and caring... but also hot... Did I mention this list isn't in order. I don't want you to think that I'm "fictitiously shallow", only reading books for hot guys. :)

2. Ash is confident in herself. I'm not saying she's never unsure of herself, but she is never scared to fight and stand for what she believes in. I think she's a good model (most times) in how to not be a pushover.

3. I have a love/hate relationship with Keenan, but a lot of good stories have a character that you love sometimes and hate at other times.

4. Donia is smart and loving (and bitter at times) but she has an edge. She's tired of being abused by CERTAIN people (mainly one) and it's nice to see how she handles it through out the series.

5. Nial is dark and mysterious, what's not to love. There is much more to him than meets the eye. He is one of my favorite characters and I love to watch him grow.

6. The story is so intricate, everything is connected to something else in the series. It's amazing to see how the author spins her fictional web. Each book lets you in a little more into the world of faeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...