Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fallen Review


Synopsis: There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce-- and goes out of his way to make that very clear -- she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret... even if it kills her.
My Thoughts: I am having a pretty hard time expressing how I feel about this book. It was intriguing and suspenseful, yet it didn't feel like any answers were given. I went from curious to confused to lost when dealing with parts of the plot, which is not to say that I didn't like anything about it. I loved Penn, and Cam appeared to be caring and adorable when I first started reading. It's was interesting to see how surprising Cam could be, even at the very end of the book in the epilogue. Arriane who is one of Luce's friends was a little too much for me in the beginning, but she turned out to be a funny and lovable character. One thing I didn't like was that I couldn't get a good feel for who Daniel really was, and I was tired of Luce pining after him without any (deep) thought to how he was treating her in a major portion of the book. I was also lost in understanding the connection between Luce & Daniel, and "the bigger problem". In books like these, there is always a small problem (not small as in insignificant) between the lovers of the book and then a bigger problem keeping them busy and helping them avoid the personal problem between each other. It is clear that there is a bigger problem but I don't quite understand how their relationship affects this problem. Although I'm still lost, I'm also still seeking answers. I like enough of the story, or the potential of where the story could end up to really want to read Torment and find out more about these characters and what their world is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...