Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Catching Fire Review

Synopsis: Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.
My Thoughts: Wow. After reading Catching Fire I was a little annoyed at myself for waiting so long to read it, it was so addictive. I read this during exam week at school which in general probably isn't a good idea since I would take "breaks" during study time to read. This book throws you further into this dystopic nation. It was more intense then the Hunger Games especially since Katniss & Peeta are out of the games and in the real world again. As they go from district to district while still pretending to be in love (well.. Peeta isn't pretending and Katniss doesn't know what she's doing) it is obvious that the two winners, more so Katniss than Peeta has created a spark which turned into a fire that she cannot put out. Bad (and or sad) things happen in the 2nd book which all but internal problems are coming from the capitol. But there is also hope, hope that came from Katniss (as a symbol) and ld to a lot of the districs deciding they were tired of putting up with a horrid government. I also liked that Gale was finally in the picture because it made things more interesting. The love triangle intensified when you got to see how Gale felt about Katniss and how he's been dealing with his feelings while she was gone. The book ended with a cliff hanger that made me drop my jaw, then close it along with the book and drop the book onto to ground only to stare at it for a minute or two. Now all I can do is wait for the third book to drop.
Rating: A+

2 comments:

  1. Why havent i started to read the first book? I seriousley don't know, i am going to buy the first asap, thanks for the great review. Hope your finals went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started reading this one, so I am glad you liked it. I hope I do too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...