Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist


I have a bunch of ideas that I want specific authors to write about:

Maggie Stiefvater: Speed racing. I love movies with speed racing in them; I wish there were more YA books about it. Although, Maggie doesn’t actually have to do this subject because I plan to write about it… It’s just going to take a few years.

Another story told in the same world as Scorpio Races. I don’t want to jinx anything but Scorpio Races is my favorite book from her and has become one of my favorite books in general.

Jaclyn Moriarty:  I love anything about King Arthur, especially before he became King (Sword in the Stone-esqe).  And I love the way Moriarty writes. Why not put the two together?

Sidenote: I was going to say she should write a retelling of Sherlock but never mind.

Matthew J. Kirby: Anything, absolutely ANYTHING that’s similar to Icefall. That was a book that I knew was good after I finished reading it, but it got even better as I “lived” with it and processed it. So having anything like it would be a real treat for me.

N. K. Jemisin: YA coming of age love story with people of color at the forefront. I’m black. I want to see someone black in my books, or at least something different.

N. K. Jemisin: Some story steeped in African mythology. I love the Greek gods, but it’s like we forgot there were other places with their own mythology.

Melissa Mar: A story similar to the premise of the film Light It Up: where six teenage high school seniors hold a police officer hostage inside their school after their attempt to defend their newly-fired teacher goes horribly wrong.

Karen Healey: Anything like The Shattering.
A. S. King: A retelling of Medusa.

John Green: An adventurous, one-day, hangover (for teenagers) styled story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...