Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Carrier of the Mark review

Description:Their love was meant to be.
When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRís.
But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

 
My thoughts: I've already said multiple times that I love when YA books include mythology.  
And although I love Greek mythology I'm really starting to get in to more varied mythological 
stories. So this book got extra brownie points for having Celtic mythology... It also got cool points 
for the cover. How gorgeous does it look?!!  It makes me want to go to Ireland!  
 
And as far as the actual story, I loved the history behind what brings the main characters together 
(or what brings Megan to the rest of the group). And it would be interesting to learn more in the 
upcoming books, because what's happening to these characters have happened to other people 
before them. So there are ancient writings and "protector of the law" type people. And there are 
rules that go along with this history, which helps set up the plot in a good way but also causes 
problems to arise within the group. But whether good or bad, the history/rules/protectors made the 
whole story more intriguing.
 
 The characters were cool too. My favorite character was Rian because you don’t know much 
about him but what you do find out just makes you want to know more. I also loved Aine’s pet, 
which was a regular bird (no magical powers on HIS part) but he was cute enough to still be 
considered one of my favorite aspects of the story.  
 
One main thing I didn't like (or just about the only thing) was how the romance started. 
Unfortunately it happened really fast. It appeared a little too quickly and a little too strong for 
my liking. I believe (for the most part) that good romance should be slow and growing, not rushed. 
So I didn't quite approve of Megan and Adam's quick love, but as I found out more about their
 "situation", their relationship was more understandable (although I still never quite approved of 
how it started).
 
Minus the overly strong love, the previous reasons above plus what happens at the end of the 
book is enough to get me excited for the next book. I’m especially ready to know what happens 
to Megan and the DeRís family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...