Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Boyfriend Is A Monster: I Love Him to Pieces review

Description: Can love survive the zombie apocalypse? Maybe Dicey's first chance at a real relationship was dead from the start. She's the star of her high school baseball team, and Jack's the star of the science program. Her idea of a study session includes sleeping in the sun, and his idea of a good game involves dungeons and dice. But opposites start attracting when they're assigned to be partners in a class project. Now an outbreak of a weird infection--it eats your brains and leaves you hungry for more--might not mean just the end of their first date. It might mean the end of everything. Will their relationship fall apart faster than zombies in the Florida sun, or can Dicey and Jack beat the odds and find a happy ending?

My thoughts: I haven’t read any comics in a while, so I love Him to Pieces was a different type of story. Although it wasn’t told the way I thought it would, I’m glad it was a comic. Because I don’t think the book would have been as good if it was a regular novel.

Everything happened fast, and the story was over before I knew it, but that’s the way (normal-sized) comics go, so I can’t review this story the way I review other stories. I thought there would be more… story to the…story. But it was good for what it was. 

The images were cool, the main characters were kick ass and the story was entertaining. And as far as comics go, that was all I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...