Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memento Nora review

Description: A teen struggles to hold onto her memories-and her identity-in a world that wants everyone to forget-and keep on shopping. Three dynamic teens come together to create a comic book of their memories. 

My thoughts: I didn’t realized how small the book was until I ripped it out of its package. I wondered how, from the description, they would be able to include everything without it feeling like the author rushed the story. It’s true that I wish it was longer, but not because it was rushed, but because it was good!
When Nora started the “project” she was doing with a guy named Micah, and a girl named Winter, I wasn’t too confident in her passion for their cause. These comic books they were creating could get her in a lot of trouble, so I wondered many times why she decided to help out with the comics. I have plenty of reasons why I think she did it, but she never actually says why (initially) in the book.
It was amazing how their world seem rough from the very beginning. But as you go on, more information is revealed, and you find out that their world was even worse than you thought. Not only the government, but the “supporting cast” surrounding Nora, Micah, and Winter.
Although I didn’t like the ending, not because it was bad but because that’s not how I thought it would go, it had the most action near the second half of the book. I was shocked by the last page and can’t wait to find out what happened in the next book. It wasn’t a cliffhanger, but it left me wanting more!

Something extra: I loved Winter. She was weird. But she’s just the kind of person who’d be pleased with that statement. Plus she’s B.A. with her mechanical inventions! And her grandfather is just plan B.A.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love it when a book leaves you wanting more? That's when you know it's good! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...