Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wake Review

Not all dreams are sweet.
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....


My Thoughts: I was pleasantly suprised by this book. For months, I fought hard against not reading it but I'm glad I did because I would have missed out on a good read. I went to the Library last monday to check out Ink Exchange when I found Wake in the teen section. I knew I was leaving for college on Friday so I would have to turn the books back in by Thursday so I almost didn't get both books but I figured I'd give Wake a try since I thought that out of all the books I want to buy, I wouldn't buy Wake so I might as well use the opportunity now. I loved how instead of chapters there were dates and times of dreams. The book flowed easily and impressed me a lot. It was totally different from what I though it was gonna be like due to the back of the book description. I rate this an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...