Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Want to Re-read


Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: It's everything I could ask for in a dystopian. And unlike other first novels in a series, a lot happens. It can get annoying when the first book in a series merely feels like a set-up for the real story in book two. Thankfully, Under the Never Sky was nothing like that.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone: This was both strange and beautiful. The kind of weird fantasy I enjoy with exquisite writing and a fresh plot.

The Ghosts of Ashbury High by Jaclyn Moriarty: I don't know what it is about Australian authors, but they continue to impress me. And this book remains to be one of the most intriguing, strange, entrancing stories I've ever read.

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson: This book felt so pure and honest to me. It makes me remember moments in my life at that age. It's authentically beautiful. It's authentically heartbreaking. And it's a great lesson in moving on and growing up.

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King: I don't know how King does it. But she takes these contemporary stories and adds a fantastical flare the make her novels "inhalable."
(Inhalable books - A book that is practically inhaled based on how fast it was read.)

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin: It's like the author created this just for me. I love anything with mythological gods/creatures. And this one manages to pull off an epic fantasy with politics, a murder mystery, and a deep family drama (to say the least).

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: This surpassed all expectations and gave my everything and I could have ever wanted from Ms. Stiefvater. I could write essays about how much I adore this book.

Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeleine Roux: This book never got as big as I'd hoped, but it really is one of my favorite zombie books of all time.

Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr: Imagine my surprise when the fourth book in my favorite series, Wicked Lovely became my favorite one in the entire series. I've never read a series where the first book wasn't ultimately the best of the set.

The Sons of Achilles by Madeline Miller: Every few months I think about this book. It's one of the most beautifully written novels I've ever read.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I followed your link from The Broke and The Bookish and now I have one more book on my wishlist because I'd never heard of The Ghosts of Ashbury High but I try to read as many Australian texts as I can, so I'm going to look that one up straight away! Or as soon as I finish The Song of Achilles, which I've just started!
    Thanks for your list. Here's mine if you're curious, Em.
    http://intersectinggeodesics.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-want-to-re-read/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...