Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR List


The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
I’ve gone too long without reading it.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman
I was horrified when I realized I’d never read a Neil Gaiman book, regardless of the fact that at least two of his novels have been collecting dust on my shelves.

Gone by Lisa McMann
I remember feeling sadness because this series was coming to an end, apparently so sad that I never finished the last book.

Pure by Julianne Baggott
I’ve had this book for so long and have seen enough good reviews in the last few months that I think It’s time to take it off the TBR pile.

Hunger by Michael Grant
I really enjoyed Gone, so I have no idea why I haven’t read books 2-6 (good gracious).

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
The Book Smugglers talked so highly of it. Now that I finally have a copy there are no excuses!

I’d Tell you I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
I love the Heist Society series, so it makes sense to read her other books.

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Everyone seems to love it.

Ash by Malinda Lo
I think I bought this as soon as it came out, but never got around to actually reading it. It’s time to rectify this situation.

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

I know a lot of people via the Internet have been trying to get readers to pick up this series. It does seem highly underrated.

Honorable Mentions:
Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
I’ve heard that this is one of the only stories that really can be compared to Harry Potter.

Variant by Robison Wells
This just feels like a ME book if that makes any sense.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
I feel the need to read it again after watching the movie.

Y: The Last Man by Brian k. Vaughan
I just recently got into reading comics. I started reading Private Eye, a digital comic which is also written by Vaughan. I'm hoping I can finish The Last Man soon and acquire Vol. 1 of his other comic series, Saga (maybe a Christmas present?)

1 comment:

  1. I took a YA writing class last fall and one of my classmates was OBSESSED with Pure. He said it was one of the best books he had ever read! I am also looking forward to (hopefully soon) reading The 5th Wave and The Knife of Never Letting Go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...