Monday, May 2, 2011

Overprotected review

Description: Ashlyn: A lonely society princess living in New York City.

Daddy hired you to be my bodyguard.

Colin: Childhood enemy, now her protector.

Daddy thought I’d be safe. He thought I’d never fall in love. He thought he could keep me forever.

Charles: obsessed with keeping her safe, keeping her his, he hires the one person he knows she could never fall in love with: Colin.

Daddy was wrong.



My thoughts: Growing up I always thought my parents were too protective. Well, they were nothing compared to Ashlyn’s parents! I have so much sympathy (or empathy) for her. I couldn’t imagine being cut off from the world the way her father forced her to. That’s why I was so happy when Colin came in to the picture.

At first, when finding out that he was a childhood bully, I didn’t want to like him, and I didn’t want Ashlyn to fall for him either. But once Ashlyn (and in turn I) got to know him, or relearn him, there was no reason not to fall for him.

I loved how everything fell into place with the story. Ashlyn’s father’s attempt to keep his child safe (or trapped as I’d like to call it) led her to find a strong relationship and new freedom. It was amazing to see Ashlyn’s transition from defenseless and innocent (in a naïve way), to a young woman who learns to stand up for herself. I’d love to see where she is, now that she’s more confident and independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...